To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What is the best way to add 1Password to my new iPhone 7?

Options
egle853
egle853
Community Member

I have a substantial 1Password installation on my Macbook and want to have access to the same information on my iPhone 7. What is the best way to insure that I have that access. I purchased the software in 2013 but can't seem to locate information like "Account Key" and "Master Password".

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Purchased 1Password in 2013 from the App Store how do I get the information i need such as act key?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @egle853

I'm glad to hear that you want to use 1Password on your new iPhone! If you started using 1Password back in 2013 then you don't have an Account Key, that is much more recent and belongs to the new 1Password Accounts. However, have you lost your Master Password? Have you been able to access your data on your Mac? If so, the password that you use to unlock 1Password is what we call Master Password, do you remember it?

I think that the easies set up for you to sync your data from your Mac to your iPhone is iCloud Sync. Once you've downloaded 1Password in your phone you need to pick the option "Use without an account" and then "Sync with iCloud" and follow the instructions there :chuffed:

If you have any trouble or any questions please let us know and we'll help you sort it out!

This discussion has been closed.