I'm sure this has been debated to death, but I'm really having a hard time choosing between the subscription model and the license of 1P. I am a single user who only uses Apple devices & I don't work in tech or with a team via computer networks so all of my passwords and information I'm using 1P to protect are my own and for personal use. I feel like this may be pertinent.
Here are my concerns and questions:
- I'm not sure the added features of the subscription model are really useful for me, aside from the auto sync.
- However, part of me likes the idea of using the encryption service of 1P and the storage service of an app like DropBox to keeo things separate. Obviously 1P thinks their servers are safe, otherwise they wouldn't offer this service of storage but I'd like to hear what the community thinks about this as I am 100% not an expert.
- If I were to use the license and sync my vault via dropbox, how does that work? Do I manually need to resave the vault every time I add a new password via 1P or does the vault auto update, therefore DropBox will take care of syncing the updated file?
- When a new major version comes out (such as 1Password 6>7) will the paid upgrade be the full price of a new license or a smaller upcharge?
- Is there anything else I may be neglecting to take into account?
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided