To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Add Account

mikerodgers
mikerodgers
Community Member

Having trouble getting the server address to fill when trying to add an account

Comments

• Hi @mikerodgers,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this difficulty. I do apologize, but I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem. Could you please try walking me through step by step what you are trying to do, and indicate where the problem occurs?

Thanks!

Ben

• mikerodgers
    mikerodgers
    Community Member

I am trying to add an account through the iPhone app. The first field is the sign in address. That is the one where I cannot get it to fill with anything. I have copied and paste it. Manually entered. All the other fields feel perfectly.

• mikerodgers
    mikerodgers
    Community Member

Meant to say fill perfectly. Email address, master password and Account key fields work perfect.

• @mikerodgers

I'm sorry but I'm still not following. You're trying to add your 1Password.com account to your iPhone? If so scanning the QR code from your Emergency Kit should fill in everything except your Master Password, which you'll type in.

If that does not address your question I would again ask what exactly it is that you are trying to accomplish, what steps you are taking to accomplish it, and where things are going sideways.

Thanks!

Ben

• mikerodgers
    mikerodgers
    Community Member

OK, in the app on my iPhone there are Settings. The top selection is 1Password Accounts. In there is the option to Add Account. There are 4 fields. Sign-in Address, Account Key, Email Address, and Master Password. The last three fields fill in just fine. The first field, Sign-in Address retains the gray ".1password.com" when I try to add the Sign-in address. What is the correct Sign-in address and how do I add it.

That's as clear as I can make it.

• mikerodgers
    mikerodgers
    Community Member

I have tried to scan the QR code, but my browser won't bring up the .pdf file for me to do so.

• Thanks @mikerodgers. I understand now.

What is the correct Sign-in address and how do I add it.

You have an individual account, so the sign-in address is my.1password.com

You won't be able to tap on / modify the .1password.com part, which is why it is grayed out. If you tap where it says Sign-in address instead you'll be able to type my.

I have tried to scan the QR code, but my browser won't bring up the .pdf file for me to do so.

That is definitely concerning. You'll want to have your Emergency Kit printed, and stored in a safe place. What browser & version are you trying to view the Emergency Kit from, and what happens when you try to view it?

Ben

• mikerodgers
    mikerodgers
    Community Member

Thanks. I got the new vault created. Is there a way to transfer or copy all items from my primary vault to my personal vault? Also, I will explore a different browser for opening the emergency kit.

• You can learn about copying from your Primary vault to your Personal vault here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#to-import-data-into-your-new-account

Hope that helps. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.