To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Mucked up Master 1Password Change

Options
KVH
KVH
Community Member

Hello,

Here's the sequence of events, and I wonder if anyone can help me to unravel & solve the problem ?

• Changed the master password on my MacBook

• now I cannot get into 1password on the MacBook, apparently I've changed it to something I don't know
  • On my Phone, I've enabled touch-ID

• On the phone, I've changed the master password again

• hoping it will sync back to the MacBook

Current status:
- I can get into 1Password on the phone
- Cannot get into 1Password on the MacBook

Searching for:
- Help on how to sync the master password from my phone back to the MacBook

Please offer suggestions?
Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.3 (633000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KVH

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having with your Master Password. In general, you need to unlock 1Password one more time on the second device after having changed it on the first one so that syncing can kick in, that's why your MacBook is still in trouble. If you have all your data on your iPhone, then the easiest way is for you to start over and Sync everything back from your iPhone.

Please let us know if you have any questions before starting over and how this goes for you :chuffed:

• KVH
    KVH
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar, that worked. Thankfully, I was able to start over on the MacBook, and use the 1Password data from my phone.

Thank you!

• So glad to hear that! On behalf of Pilar, you're welcome. We're here if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.