Simple feature request for 1Password mini

nightonearth
nightonearth
Community Member

Hello,

I wanted to suggest a simple (I think) improvement to the very handy 1Password mini interface. When I enter a partial keyword, I get all the password item matches that I can scroll through. However, the scrolling doesn't "wrap around", so that if I'm on first item and press the arrow-up key, nothing happens. When I use 1Password mini, I'm usually after a login under the "Servers" section. I often have many matching items in sections above it that I have to scroll through. If I could press arrow-up and wrap around to the bottom, it would save me quite a lot of typing throughout the day :)

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nightonearth,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your request!

I'm not a developer myself so I don't know for sure if that would be easy to implement, but I can definitely see how that would be helpful, and I'd be happy to forward your suggestion to our developers (although I can't make any promises about if/when it might be added).

For now, it might help to type more of the keyword to narrow down the search results more, making the list shorter. Or if this affects just a few items you use frequently, you can mark them as favorites so you can easily find them in the Favorites section of 1Password mini.

Thanks again, and please let us know if you need anything else. We're always glad to help! :)

• mdaniel_srcclr
    mdaniel_srcclr
    Community Member

I was looking for this feature request, and thought I would point out an earlier response in case more people are expecting this to change: it seems there is an Apple interface guideline that prohibits(?) the wrapping behavior: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/32061/up-and-down-arrow-keys-should-wrap , meaning I would not expect this to materialize

That said, consider this a :+1: from me :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for finding that and posting the link here, @mdaniel_srcclr! :) I don't know for sure if it's prohibited, but it certainly sounds like it's not part of the standard behavior for menu items in macOS.

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.