iOS: Filling doesn't work for German Paypal site

Options

For a while 1Password on iOS hasn't been able to fill in email address and password for the German paypal site. I notice that every time if I choose Paypal as a paying option and I have to login in the redirected Paypal site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hello @dahanbn,

I believe the issue won't be specific to the German PayPal site and is instead PayPal wide due to their use of an IFrame. I used our own store as a test as I knew I could easily reach a PayPal login page doing so. IFrames sadly cause us trouble on iOS as for our extension to work the extension needs to be loaded not just on each page loaded but each IFrame as they're treated as separate pages. I don't know all the reasons behind it but this isn't possible in iOS right now and represents one of the annoying areas where filling on iOS doesn't match the desktop. You will be sadly limited to copy and paste here but I believe we have various reports filed with Apple in the hope that we can find a way to resolve this.

ref: OPX-1085

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn: While frames while probably always be an issue on iOS (since there's no way to inspect the page, it's important for Safari to prevent interaction with what could really be a login form for a completely different site than the one you appear to be on), that's a really good point! Perhaps we can make the item list "swipe-able" in the extension as well. Thanks for bringing that up! :)

ref: OPI-3736

• malhal
    malhal
    Community Member
    Options

Paypal filling isn't working for me either on any shopping site

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@malhal: Indeed, as mentioned above, it is not possible for 1Password to access iframes on iOS, and PayPal login forms are using iframes in many cases now.

We have radars filed with Apple regarding this, but I suspect it is by design since it's difficult to inspect the page to verify that you're not filling logins into an iframe belonging to an impostor site. We'll continue to see if there are things we can do to help in the future though.

• beachx5
    beachx5
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty
    As a new user of 1 password with IOS (and little tech knowledge), how can we determine if the website we are trying to fill is using an iframe login screen? e.g. I am trying to get 1password to fill login on shutterstock.com, it opens a new small window for the login... is this an example of an iframe?
    Many thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @beachx5,

The only way to check is to look at the underlying HTML and see if there are iframe or frame elements and if the login form is contained in one. It isn't something the average person should have to know about so it's a shame that we can't interact with IFrames in iOS.

Shutterstock is using IFrames but there seems to be an alternative login page. Do you find https://accounts.shutterstock.com/login works?

• beachx5
    beachx5
    Community Member
    Options

thanks v much lbt... appreciate the response and yes I have changed the login web to your suggestion and all good cheers

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @beachx5,

If you come across any other sites that you suspect do let us know. I can't always guarantee we'll find an alternative page as some sites are designed in such a way that the actual login page can't be loaded directly. That said though there are times we can locate a direct page and work around this issue :smile:

This discussion has been closed.