Cannot login to 1Password for Families Account on Android

Options
wrecker
wrecker
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Android

I have been using 1Password for Teams on my Android phone for a while. Recently I also signed up for 1Password for families. for whatever reason no matter how much I try I just cannot login to my 1Password for Family account on the android app. Obviously the first to check is whether I am typing my passphrase right. I must've now tried atleast 20+ times with no luck. I have been typing every character and ensuring its being typed correctly and no luck. I used my wife's Iphone and was able to login with the first try.

I then went and changed the password for my account to a simple password with no Caps and no spaces. And then it worked immediately on android. AFter I changed back to a longer phrase with spaces, it won't work. I even tried typing it out in a different Notes App so I can see what I have typed and then carefully Copy-pasted it into the password field and it won't work.

At this point I am inclined to believe this is a problem with the android app. Any help would be much appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wrecker: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved you to the Android category of the forums since you indicated you're only having trouble on that platform.

However, in preparing to ask you some questions to get more information, I found that there aren't many I can ask that wouldn't involve one of us sharing sensitive info that perhaps should not be posted on a public forum like this.

I think the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report after you try to sign in and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Please include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. And be sure to send it from the email address you've registered for the account in question so we can verify you. Thanks in advance! :)

• wrecker
    wrecker
    Community Member
    Options

Just to check if its still me, i got another member in the family to put my account into recovery, re-created my account with a new passphrase and that logged me into the Android phone. PEBKAP!!! Thanks for your quick response BTW..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome, though I'm not sure I can take credit for the resolution. I think "PEBKAP" may be unfair if there's still doubt about why it was failing for you, but I'm glad you were able login finally! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.