1Password Safari Extenstion Not Loading Properly After One Use

Options
StoneRelics89
StoneRelics89
Community Member

I open a new session in Safari. It doesn't matter which website I go to, I use the 1Password extension to fill in login info for the site. That works fine. When I open the extension again on the same site (say to fill in Credit Card info, identity info, etc.), I get this error. Once the dialogue box is cleared, Safari stays frozen with a gray blank 1Passward extension box in the middle of it. The only way to clear it up is to quit the Safari saved state and reopen Safari.

There are time when I get this error and then my 1Password data goes missing in the actual 1Password app. I'd click on the app and it would auto unlock but there would be no logins, credit cards, passwords, etc, I would have to restart the device for the 1Password to function properly again,

I'm getting the same issue on my iPad and IPhone 6s. I think the issue might have to do with my file. I tried every type of setting to see if that was causing the issue. Nothing seems to work.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @StoneRelics89

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The next time you receive this message I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• StoneRelics89
    StoneRelics89
    Community Member
    Options

AQT-38981-851

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @StoneRelics89. We've received your report and will follow up via email ASAP.

Ben

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StoneRelics89

I believe this is a known bug.. Can you tell me if going to 1Password, then clicking Settings > Security and enabling Lock on Exit causes this problem to stop happening?

If so, this is a known bug and one that we do have plans to fix. However, the fix requires a large change to some extremely sensitive code. That change will probably happen during a larger release, perhaps 1Password 7 when we get to starting on that work. It needs a lot of testing to make sure nothing else gets broken as a result so we've been very hesitant to trying to fix it in a minor release like 6.4 or 6.5.

If not, I'll have to keep digging to see if I can recreate it.

This discussion has been closed.