Help with Touch ID on 1Password after moving to a new phone + display issues

Options
failgunner
failgunner
Community Member

Hey,

So I just got my mom an iPhone 7 Plus and she upgraded from an iPhone 5S. I restored the backup and the 7 Plus is in zoomed mode. Touch ID didnt show up at all and it showed me pin code where touch id was supposed to be under security. I deleted and reinstalled the app after backup and it showed up then. Now it randomly doesn't have the prompt for Touch ID and asks for Master Password to her. I haven't faced this on my own iPhone but I'm on the beta channel for 1Password while she is using the public build. What could be the issue? I had to restore backup even though I don't like doing it since she needed her SMS, photos etc.

I also noticed how there are some interface issues with the actual locked screen for 1Password on a 5S and on zoomed mode on the 7 Plus where there are lines above and below the lock itself. These issues are not present on iPhone 6.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.2 (14A456)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @failgunner,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble on your mom's phone. Could you please check and see what these settings are set to:

1Password > Settings > Security

• Lock on Exit
    • Auto-lock
    • Touch ID

And also 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• failgunner
    failgunner
    Community Member
    Options

Touch Id enabled. And never for the other option.

Bit the problem is the touch id toggle disappeared and it showed pin code before. This is after setting up touch id.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @failgunner. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from the phone:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• menditto
    menditto
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Same symptoms. Touch ID though enabled is not consistently working. Most times it prompts for password. Diagnostic report SNZ-23343-416

• Ben
    Options

Hi @menditto,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I changed your username for the forums from your full email address to just menditto to protect your privacy. You may need to adjust your login item in 1Password for this site to reflect the change.

We've received your diagnostic report and I've requested one of our developers review it. I do see the difficulty you are describing in the logs, but I'm not entirely sure at this point what is causing it. Hopefully one of our developers will have a better idea.

In any event, we'll continue the conversation via email ASAP.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: SNZ-23343-416

This discussion has been closed.