2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper wants to use the "login" keychain dialog every reboot

sorens
sorens
Community Member

Greetings,

I am a long-time 1password user. I've noticed an annoying issue when restarting my Mac Pro. Generally, my uptime on my Mac Pro is 60 or more days so I don't really encounter this issue all that often, but I want to gain a better understanding of what is going on.

Each time I reboot my Mac Pro, I am prompted by a dialog from the keychain asking me to authorize:

onepassword-helper4 asks keychain

I promptly type in my keychain password and then all is good until the next time I reboot.

If I turn off 1Password-mini or if I DON'T enter the password, when I launch 1Password, then it asks me to enter a password to authorize the keychain.

1Password asks keychain

What I have tried:
1. Deleting the 1Password 6 application from my /Applications directory, downloading 1Password-6.3.3.pkg and re-installing 1Password from that

I have a work laptop and I don't believe that I have the same issue when restarting that machine (left laptop at work, so I can't verify until Monday).

If you are interested in my MacPro stats from last November, here is a GeekBench URL: http://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/4147252

My questions are:
1. Do I have 1Password misconfigured?
2. Will I always need to do this on restart because that is how 1Passwod operates?

I love the product. I am hoping this is a small configuration change I can fix and move on.

Thanks,
Steve

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.3 (633001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.10.5 (14F1912)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sorens

Thank you for your very kind words :chuffed: As you've been using 1Password for a while now it seems like you're still using the old format for the vaults, AgileKeychain. I would like to ask you to please follow this guide and see if once you're using OPVault instead you don't have this issue anymore :chuffed:

Please let us know what you find out once you've had a chance to go through this!

• sorens
    sorens
    Community Member

I followed the instructions and re-created my Dropbox vault. The preference now says "opvault" as the extension in the Sync > Dropbox preferences panel . However, when I reboot my Macintosh, it still pops up that dialog when I reboot.

• sorens
    sorens
    Community Member

Follow-on: I decided to move all the items in my Primary vault to my Personal vault in my Family account. I then disabled Dropbox syncing everywhere. When I reboot my MacPro, I am still presented with that dialog. :(

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sorens,

Thank you for the additional information! I'm not quite sure why you keep seeing that prompt, so in order to help us figure out why that's happening, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.