Feature Request: New Item type: Username without password

Dear Feature Request Wrangler,

Please consider adding a new item type, perhaps named "Contract", which would not require a password field.

Use case:

User subscribes to a Disposable Email Address service such as Sneakemail. ( Why? The user uses this service to assign a unique email address to every contact. This helps the user to identify the source of spam.)

User visits a website and has a question whose answer cannot be found on the website.

User fills in the "Questions? Contact us:" form with a Disposable Email Address.

User wants to use 1Password to record the Disposable Email Address. The "New Password" item requires a password field, but there is no password. User enters "No password" into the field and saves.

End of Use case.

It Would Be Nice to bypass entering a placeholder password.

Thanks for your time and attention.

1Password 6
Version 6.5.BETA-22 (650022)
AgileBits Beta

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-22
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: n/a
Sync Type: n/a
Referrer: forum-search:username only

Comments

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

Team Member

Hi @BetweenTwoParks,

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I agree that this would be really nice to have. I can think of any use cases where it would be handy to be able to create items that don't quite fit into our current categories. This is something that we've been putting a lot of thought towards over the last while. We have some interesting ideas that we aren't ready to share yet. I'm hopeful that our ideas would be able to take care of what you're looking to do here.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.