Totally confused - with setting up Ipassword on windows.

Options

I have been using 1password on a Mac for quite a while (using 1password 4). I actually purchased 6, but I ended up having to use 4 due to my MacOS version.
I'm about to travel and thought I would install 1password on my PC laptop so I would have access to my passwords. Enter confusion.
I've installed 1password on my PC and it asks whether I'm new, restoring from backup, or opening a vault.
I transfer over a backup from Mac - tried to open it - FAIL
I export the details from the Mac - try to open it on a PC - FAIL
I then see commentary about syncing in the KB. So I set up Dropbox syncing from the Mac - but there appears to be no obvious menu item on the PC to do syncing.
So it appears there is something about licenses that I need to do. So I try to access 1Password license info on the MAC but it says that the trial expired (WTF!). I did purchase 1password for the Mac with a Parallels bundle - however I've had no end of trouble with the activating the licenses with the other software in the bundle, so this appears to be another issue - classic. I thought I had activated 1Password with the link I was provided ... however apparently not according to you.
So BIG BRICK WALL.
Some questions:

• how to resolve apparent license issue
  • is a separate license needed for Windows
  • why is there no syncing option on the Windows version?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kabsf
    kabsf
    Community Member
    Options

Just an update, I believe I have fixed the license issue on Mac. The 1 click registration doesn't work, but downloading a file and then uploading it into 1password worked. However the PC is asking for a license string. Copying and pasting the apparent licenese string that was part of the URL I was given does not work. Thanks for any help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kabsf,

I am sorry for the confusion! You did the right thing by reaching out to us! Let me try to explain everything.

If you purchased 1Password license for Mac before March 2016, you will need a separate license for 1Password on your Windows. The good news is that we can provide you with a good discount. In order to receive it, please shoot us an email to support@agilebits.com.

Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the message and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :) Thanks in advance!

As for your syncing question. You should be able to sync your vault with 1Password 4 for Windows via Dropbox, as this is a cross platform option. Please check this article for more information about it:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

I would also consider signing up for 1Password Account, if you don't want to purchase a separate license. Your subscription will include 1Password apps for all platforms + web-interface, automatic sync, and all updates. Please let us know if you are interested. ;)

I hope it helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them. This is what our forums for! :+1:

++
    Greg

• kabsf
    kabsf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, I'm following up to get the discount, here's the support ticket number: [#PCH-25146-438]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kabsf: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PCH-25146-438

This discussion has been closed.