Problem with Signing In

dr_strangelove
dr_strangelove
Community Member

Hey Helpful Guys,

I have already an account on my iPhone6 for some months, working just fine; a few days ago I got a new Samsung S7 edge, downloaded 1Pass via GooglePlay Store and experiencing heavy troubles -- not being able to sign in to my 1Pass account on the new device, neither with QR code scann nor manual log in.

Is it maybe because it's an Android device?
Can you please help me?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• dr_strangelove
    dr_strangelove
    Community Member

pS: the message repeadetly get is: We are unable to verify your credentials. Please make sure ypur sign im address, email address etc... are correct. And I did check them all dozen times, all correct. Please help me, friendly helpers :-)

• Hey @dr_strangelove! So sorry to hear you cannot sign in to your 1Password account. Let’s go over the basics first.

1. Have you installed or are you using a third-party keyboard from the Play Store?

2. Could you confirm if your Master Password contains special characters outside of the US-ASCI character set? To learn more about this, check out this support article: https://support.1password.com/special-characters-in-master-password/

3. What language is your device set to?

We will continue from there. :)

• dr_strangelove
    dr_strangelove
    Community Member

Hi saad,

thanks for your attempt to help. as to your questions:

1) no, I am not using a third party keyboard;
    2) my masterpass is a series of ordinary/standars digits, therefore no "exotic" charactera etc.
    3) my devices are set in German language.

Looking forward hearing from you!

ps: I have purchased a pro version of 1pass quite a while ago.. hoping to avoid these kind of problems with it :(

• saad
    edited October 2016

Thanks for getting back to me. Just to double-check, do you have foreign character or character with accents in your Master Password? Although they will visually look the same to the user, they are treated differently between operating systems. This is one of the common cause in this particular case, so I want to make sure we can rule out this possibly as much as we can.

• dr_strangelove
    dr_strangelove
    Community Member

no, this is not the case for sure
    actually, I just tried to log in via the 1pass website and it did not accept my master password as well?!??
    the only possibility to log in now is only via my iphone with the four digit master pass ...

can you please help?

I also tried to change my master pass once logged in my iphone and it refuses to change it saying that my master pass is incorrect :(

• peri
    edited October 2016

Hi @dr_strangelove. I wonder if you have both a local vault (that you unlock on iPhone with one Master Password) as well as an account with its own Master Password. If you launch 1Password on your iPhone and tap All Vaults, do you see a Primary vault there as well as a Personal vault?

Also, do you have a saved or printed copy of your Emergency Kit for your 1Password account?

• dr_strangelove
    dr_strangelove
    Community Member

Hi Peri,
    yes, I do see a primary vault, as well as a personal vault. I have switched back and forth between primary and personal vault and it still does not work :( getting a bit desperate right now :(

And yes, I do have a printed copy of my emergency vault but it's right now not with me (since I left it in my old home, quite far away from where I am now)

Can you please help with some other hints?

• dr_strangelove
    dr_strangelove
    Community Member

Hi Friendly Helpers,
    I finally managed to log in... thanks to my emergency kit - I've called my cousin to send me a copy of it and I unlocked the mistery.

Thanks for your efforts!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well again — and that your Emergency Kit (and your cousin) was able to come to the rescue! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.