To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1P Accounts name is so confusing

Options
tigole
tigole
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Memberships

Hi,

Just curious, why did you choose the name 1Password Accounts?
The name itself doesn't ring a bell for something to be a "cloud hosted"-solution.
When I heard that 1P now had this product available it took me a while to figure out which one I was supposed to buy.
Teams and Family sounds self explanatory but Accounts doesn't sound like a cloud product at all.

Wouldn't 1Password Cloud or something be a better name?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @tigole! That's a good question. We decided to go with that term because most of our users think they already have an account where their data is stored. (So it caused a lot of confusion when we announced accounts, of course, and we're slowly working that out.) Since people already assume they have an account, like with most online services, we decided to just go with that. After all, writing copy with the form of the service name would be a bit strange. "Sign in to 1Password Teams" isn't very personal. "Sign in to your 1Password team" isn't necessarily easier. For individuals, we needed to simply say "account" since they aren't a member of a team.

There are lots of challenges in the subtleties of marketing, copy, and communication. It's a strange and cool world. :sunglasses: Hope that helps clarify our decision.

This discussion has been closed.