Price of standalone license

valenzvalenz
edited October 2016 in Purchasing

Hi, I am trying out 1PWD and I'm liking it. In the future I will probably want to purchase a standalone license, in fact I prefer to sync the data myself. I am reading on the pricing page 2.99$/month billed annually...but then when I go and purchase it, it says 64$. Why is this? Shouldn't be 36 + taxes? What is the real price of a standalone license? And how do I purchase it?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JacobJacob

Team Member

Hi @valenz! Good question. Standalone licenses are separate from subscriptions, and they have different pricing. After all, they aren't per month — they're a one-time purchase. The current pricing of a standalone license is available in our store.

I'm curious what you'd prefer to sync your data with, though. 1Password accounts include a bit more than automatic sync:

• Get all the 1Password apps. No matter which plan you choose, you always has free access to the latest versions of all the 1Password
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items. If a change was made to an item and it needs to be reverted, fret not. It can easily be rolled back from 1Password.com.
    • View, edit, and add items from a browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you're away from the devices you typically use.
    • Brand new multi-factor security model for your hosted account. Since your data is in the cloud, we took some extra steps to make sure the security is even better than what the standalone version of 1Password has. An Account Key is generated during setup to strengthen your Master Password, and we still don't store either of them. Learn more about how 1Password protects your data in the cloud.
    • Access your data even if you stop paying. Your data is yours. Even if you ever cancel your subscription, you can always view and export your data.

Let us know what you're looking for and we'd be happy to help out with the specifics. :)

• Hi @Jacob! thanks for your comments. I want a password manager on my computer. I want the passwords to be stored locally and I have no need to sync them to any other device. Also I want plugins for browsers to fill forms automatically. Finally, I do not want the passwords (neither encrypted nor not encrypted) to ever go in the cloud. I am using 1PWD a lot these days and it works like a charm for my needs. Also it allows me to do backups easily...I think I will buy the standalone license soon.

• Actually I would love a little discount <3

• JacobJacob

Team Member

@valenz All righty, no problem at all. The standalone license sounds like a good fit for you. :) Right now we don't have any promotions running on it, but you're welcome to keep an eye on our Twitter and blog for updates. We run them from time to time, and may have one when you decide to purchase. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.