In 1PW6.3.3, I am unable to edit a password in one of my email account login page.

Options
phil1844
phil1844
Community Member

In 1PW6.3.3 on my MacBook Air, I am unable to edit a password in one of my email account login page. I can change the password in the edit screen, but after I save the change is not reflected in the record. I tried and failed several times. Eventually I had to delete the entire record and recreate it from scratch.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't edit password

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phil1844

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had with 1Password. Were you trying to edit your item on the main app, in 1Password mini or in the extension? I'm afraid that if you've already deleted the item that was causing trouble it will be hard for us to figure out what caused it, but if you see that kind of behavior again, please let us know so we can see under the hood to figure out what's causing this. I hope that this was just a one time blip, but if you bump into this or any other problem again, we're here for you :chuffed:

• phil1844
    phil1844
    Community Member
    Options

It was in the browser (Safari) extension.

• phil1844
    phil1844
    Community Member
    Options

Correction - I had launched the main app on my MacBook Air and was editing there. I had used the browser extension to log into other sites, successfully.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phil1844

Thank you for the extra details, I wonder what caused this issue so if you ever see it again please let us know so we can have a chance to investigate :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.