Will we continue receiving beta builds?

Options
jhamer
jhamer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Great job guys getting the app shipped. It's come a looonnng way since the early builds. That being said - I'm sure a good portion of us are eager to continue with frequent beta builds. Do we need to do anything to continue receiving the beta builds?

Thank you!
--Jeff

1Password Version: 6.1.272
Extension Version: 4.6.2.1
OS Version: Win 10 1607
Sync Type: Families, Individual

Comments

• nhDOBsfc
    nhDOBsfc
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

@MikeT ,

Ditto what jhamer asked. From reading this forum for a while, it seems that there are a lot more features extant (and human-factors tested) on the MacOS platform that the development team will be coding-up for Windows, and I'd rather get the new features sooner than later.

Also, I feel the risk of running a Beta version of 1Password is low, since I'm using 1Password's web based database for sync'ing. So, if some Beta disaster occurs that doesn't affect the online database, I can always reach back to the online version.

Similarly, if some Beta disaster occurs that does affect the online database, I won't be the only one affected, and I'll know that the whole of AgileBits will be working 24/7 to fix any online database problem, because the whole of the company will rise-or-fall based on how that turns out.

Also, somehow from all my reading--here and on the blog--over the months I seem to recall that AgileBits' web database is hosted on the Amazon-dot-com cloud service; that's about as good as it gets.

• Hi @jhamer,

Thanks!

Yes, we are currently making changes for our next stable update to let people get beta updates. From now on, beta testers will need to request access to our HockeyApp project before they can get beta updates.

If you want to get betas now, you can request the access to the beta updates here.

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Thanks, and request submitted. And I see there is already a new build posted (274)... bonus!

• You're welcome.

The link will automatically approve anyone who joins via that URL and you guys are already on our list, thank you!

@nhdobsfc, There will be a lot of updates coming to implement the huge list of features we have to catch up to macOS version of 1Password 6. Beta updates is a good way to get it faster and you can help us shape the new features too.

Prior to beta updates, we do test it to ensure it doesn't regress in stability or cause any potential deal breakers and once we're okay with it, it goes out to our beta community to help us test it completely. We do plan to resume the same pace that we had for the past few months and keep it going for the next several months.

• seanhoughton
    seanhoughton
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Warning, the github auth for that "hockeyapp" site that is hosting the beta asks for too much permission.

• @seanhoughton thank you for that warning, we do not need anything but the way to identify that user is a member of the 1Password 6 Beta for Windows team. When such access by HockeyApp is not desired, you can register an account on HockeyApp itself. Hope that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.