QR code doesn't work when email address has plus symbol in it

Options

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I had a problem with 1Password 6 for Windows App and 1Password Teams. When attempting to copy the QR Code, which was successful, It took me a few attempts to realise that the "+" wasn't copied when the login failed after entering the Master Password.

I.e. Support + word @ agilebits.com upon pasting became Support space (no plus) word @ agilebits.com

My email for 1Password Teams has the "+". Adding it back worked.

1. Sign-in Address - Pass
    2. Account Key - Pass
    3. Email Address -Fail
    4. Master Password - Pass
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I hope you don't mind, but I've split this off into a separate discussion in the Windows category of the forums so we can investigate this specifically.

As you can imagine, I didn't have a 1Password Account that used an email address with a + in it, so I just created one to test this with. Unfortunately(?) I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you describe: the + was included in the email address whether I copied from the clipboard or opened the image file directly. Can you tell me some more details about this?

1. What is the exact version you're using?
    2. Where are you copying the QR code from?
    3. What are the exact steps you're taking?
    4. Are you using a 1Password Teams, Families, or individual account?

Thanks in advance!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

What is the exact version you're using?

6.0.272d

Where are you copying the QR code from?

From the Teams Account QR Code copy image.
    "My Teams" Account App page

What are the exact steps you're taking?

1. Kill process AgilePAgent from the Task Manager.
    2. Launch 1Password 6.0.272d
    3. Launch Chrome v54.0.2840.59 m (64-bit)
    4. Go to the 1Password Start Page and select Teams: "My Teams" Account name
    5. Fill in the details using 1Password Extension 4.6.2.1 beta and 1Password 6.0.272 App AgileKeychain.
    6. Go to Get the Apps page: "My Teams" Account App Page.
    7. Sign in to 1Password for Teams Account inside 1Password 6.0.272 for Windows.
    8. Copy Master Password from the Primary AgileKeychain vault.
    9. Go to "My Teams" Account App page and right click - copy QR Code from right hand side of the screen.
    10. Return to 1Password 6 for Windows 2.6.272
    11. Go to Accounts and Vaults - Sign in to 1Password Account.
    12. Click on the QR Code logo, which displays : From clipboard or From image file. I selected : From clipboard.
    13. The details at this point are filled in and the error (no plus sign) ought to be visible. It can be hard to spot. It took me several attempts before discovering the mistake.

Are you using a 1Password Teams, Families, or individual account?

Teams.

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for the details!

I can confirm the issue, it's not with our Windows app but the way our web app encoded the QR code, it didn't escape the + sign properly. We did fix it a while ago but it looks like it has regressed in the recent updates.

I'll reopen it and we'll get it fixed.

ref: OPW6-234

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT,

That's great news! Apologies for misreporting the 1Password version though. I did not notice that it is now 6.1.272

• Hi @wkleem,

No worries, you're not the only one. Our team even released the next internal beta as 6.0.273 only to realize it was supposed to be 6.1.273.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Return to 1Password 6 for Windows 2.6.272

That one is even more fat fingered! :)

• Eh, you're allowed to write it any way you want as long as we get what you mean :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

The issue still persists even with the latest version of 1Password Web App and 1Password 6 for Windows v6.1.296d.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for letting us know.

It has regressed on the web app, we've reopened the issue with the 1Password.com web team to fix it. No ETA yet.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! @MikeT.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No, thank you! We'll get this fixed. :)

This discussion has been closed.