Transferring between Mac & Windows Probelms

Options
clashmet27
clashmet27
Community Member

Hi, I just bought a new Dell computer and need to transfer my 1Password5 to my 1Password4 for Windows. I've followed all the steps provided in some of the other forums, but they aren't helping. When I open 1Password4 it asks to "I'm a new user", "I've used 1Password Before" or "Restore 1Password from Vault". I've tried selecting the returning user and restore from vault from the backed up folder (transferred from my mac to dell via USB) that I've created and put on my desktop however when I click on the folder it doesn't read my Agile.keychain.zip exists. This has been an extremely frustrating transfer and I need to get my passwords working on my new computer. I've realize that I have a standalone account and not the subscription service which is why I can't find my Account Key anywhere (a whole other long frustrating process).

Therefore I can't login to 1Password.com because I don't have an account key, I can't connect my 1Password to my google chrome because it won't pick up my vault via DropBox or independent back up folder, therefore I can't do anything. Please help. Thanks

1Password Version: 5 & 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: folder or dropbox

Comments

• clashmet27
    clashmet27
    Community Member
    Options

Update,

I've saved the Backup zip file from my mac onto my Dell and when I click on it from "Restore from existing vault" it says that this vault is not a 1Password vault... I don't know why it doesn't recognize it. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@clashmet27: I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Windows can't use the backup database from 1Password for Mac. But you can transfer your data over using a 1Password vault (AgileKeychain or OPVault). Just open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Sync, setup Folder Sync, and then copy the vault you saved over to the PC. 1Password for Windows can open that, and you'll be good to go. Alternatively, if you've already sync'd an AgileKeychain or OPVault over to the PC via Dropbox, just open it in 1Password for Windows. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.