Using Family with multiple users on one Windows or Mac user account

dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member

Personally, I think it's not an uncommon use case that family members share the same user account on a Mac or PC. As a former 1Password4 Windows user that wasn't a problem. I had two possibility to work that way:

1. I started 1Password first and select the right vault to login to or
  2. I started the browser extension and selected the right vault there as well.

I think a similar way should at least be found for the Family edition. A simple way could be to allow Family account switching at the start of 1Password6 PC/Mac. 1Password should remember if the user selects it the email address and the account key.

The extension should work in that scenario as expected because it communicates only with the Family account that is logged in.

Therefore I would love to see that you figure out an easy to use way to allow more than one user (in my case) to use 1Password6 and browser extension with their corresponding Family account under the same operating system user account.

Comments

• Hey @dahanbn! Thanks for the feedback. This is certainly a common use case for families, and it's something we would like to have for folks in the future. "Support for profiles", as I think of it, is a challenge. It's not just multiple vaults support, but also changing the way 1Password locks and unlocks so several accounts can be used alongside each other. After all, you have separate Master Passwords for a reason. :) I appreciate you posting about this, and I'll let the team know you're looking for it.

This discussion has been closed.