Need clarification on moving from v4 to v6

Options

Currently, I have individual licensed versions of 1Password:
1. 4.x for Windows 10 and 6.x for macOS, setup with my vault on Dropbox to which my Mac, PC and iDevices all connect.
2. I use Chrome on my PC and Safari on my Mac and use the 1Password extension on both ( Mac obviously better supported :| )
3. Both Mac and Windows programs support rich icons.

If I decide to move to 1Password online (which means I've accepted to pay either $36 (ind) or $60 (fam) per year), then I need to confirm the following:
1. I no longer use Dropbox, since you're managing vault syncing.
2. Chrome (on Windows 10) and Safari (on macOS) extensions are supported.
3. Rich icons are available on both platforms? Or is that missing from the first v6 build for Windows?

Aside from all the angry users about online vs standalone (I'm still a bit bitter myself), what is missing on the new Windows version that I currently have on v4? Obviously, I know it's not standalone and I can't have a local copy of my vault. I'm also assuming better security through your servers vs keeping my vault on Dropbox.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @waterbaby64,

Thank you for your interest in 1Password accounts! :) I will answer all of your questions below, but please do not hesitate to ask more of them.

1) When you have 1Password.com account, your encrypted vault is stored on our servers and syncing happens automatically. You just need to migrate your data from a local vault first.
    2) 1Password extensions are supported, so you can use them with your 1Password account once it is added to 1Password app.
    3) Rich icons are not implemented in the current version of 1Password 6 for Windows, but they are in our plans.

We are building 1Password 6 for Windows from the ground up and and it is missing some of the features you are used to in 1Password 4. It can save new logins, fill your logins and passwords on the websites, add attachments and documents in 1Password accounts, support local vaults in read-only mode, and do some other crucial stuff. You can try it for yourself, while on a trial. :)

With the current version of 1Password 6, which graduated from beta this week, we are setting a foundation for what is coming, focusing on the core infrastructure and basic features for the initial public release, and then building on top of that. We will continue to add features to 1Password 6 gradually, creating that smooth 1Password experience you know from version 4. It takes time and I hope for your understanding.

I hope it helps. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• waterbaby64
    waterbaby64
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for that Greg. While rich icons are not a show stopper for me, I still feel a bit irritated at the way this whole subscription and Windows development has been handled. If 1Password weren't so darned good, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. Also, I went back to see how much I paid and noticed something strange which I would like to get cleared up. Who do I contact?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@waterbaby64: You are very welcome! Shoot us an email to support@agilebits.com and we will take care of you. :)

Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the message and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

It would also be great, if you could share with us your thoughts and pain points regarding 1Password for Windows. We want to hear your feedback, because it helps us become better. I look forward to your email! Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.