Setting up 1password on factory reset phone

PuxicoRG
PuxicoRG
Community Member

I had to provide a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I reinstalled 1password after the reset. I am trying to "sign in to your 1password account", but I only know my license key, not my account key (didn't even know I had an account key.) Furthermore, I don't know what my sign-in address is. I have tried my email address as my sign in address, and I certainly know my master password, but the system doesn't like me using my license key for the account key.

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:alha

Comments

• Hi @PuxicoRG. The screen asking to enter the sign-in address, account key, email and master password are for 1Password accounts. I am very sorry for the confusion, and I will clarify what this is.

We recently introduced subscription services called 1Password Families, 1Password Teams, and individual 1Password accounts. All of these services are based on the same core technology and enhances the 1Password experience. It simplifies many of the maintenance involved. For example, you no longer need to worry about having to manage syncing data between devices or having to backup your data periodically. All of this is done for you as your data is kept on our servers securely.

One of the big advantages of using this service is that it simplifies licensing too. Being an active member gives you full versions of 1Password on all available platforms. You no longer need to worry about licenses, in-app purchases or upgrade fees because this gives you access to the most current version of 1Password. You can learn more on our website:

https://1password.com/

If you prefer to continue without a 1Password account, you still have the traditional sync options available to you. Just tap on Use without an Account on the setup screen and you should see those options available. If you are unsure how to continue from this screen, please let us know and we will help you advance through the setup!

This discussion has been closed.