Authorized Devices for Teams clarity

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Business and Teams

Could Authorized Devices be made clearer?

I have Authorized Devices and because of the continued updating of Chrome, I could foresee that, if I don't check there, there will be many more instances of Chrome without a version number, cluttering up the section. What triggers the inclusion of the Authorized Devices.

Chrome (no version )- El Capitan is OS X.
I have multiple instances of Chrome for Windows 7. Again, there is no version number.

Firefox - No version numbers but I haven't been using Firefox as much these days.

Comments

• Hi @wkleem! Thanks for the feedback. It could be made clearer, I agree. I'll let the team know you're interested in a bit more information displaying here. :)

ref: B5-1686

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob,

I also habitually quit my browsers and shut down my PC. The idea being that shutting down the PC will conserve electrcity, although I don't know the extent of the savings.

Will I have more Authorized Devices this way?

• @wkleem I also shut down my computer at the end of the day, more so I can start fresh the next day. The browser session ends and you are signed out, but unless you clear the browser data every time you shut down your authorized device list will not grow. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I do tend to clear my browsers repeatedly. Thanks for pointing that out!

• No problem at all. :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

While in 1Password 6 for Windows, I found a list of the Chrome browser (9, at a glance) indicating : Disconnected. Must be my habit of clearing the cache. Does the list of Authorized Devices in Teams and 1Password 6 Win scroll and clear itself leaving only the current ones?

• @wkleem That's within the app, right? The connected browsers list in the app is different from authorized devices in your account. Authorized devices are ones that have been signed in to using your account. Connected browsers are ones that you have authenticated with the browser extension so it communicates with 1Password. You can disconnect them at any time by clicking the browser and choosing Disconnect.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jacob. It's within the 1Password 6 App.

• No problem. :)

This discussion has been closed.