So I have the code for the update and browser extension. Where do I find the code in 1P for matching

Options
Jim_Wechsler
Jim_Wechsler
Community Member

Downloaded the 6.3.4 update. Received a Safari page with a code. I am supposed to authorize if the code matches the one in 1Password. Where do I find the code in 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:So I have the code for the update and browser extension. Where do I find the code in 1P for matching

Comments

• chembro303
    chembro303
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

From other posts on the forum it should apparently be in 1Password mini (menubar)? But I am at a loss as to what's "supposed" to happen. Very frustrated. Safari and Chrome show me 6 digit codes, but no matter how many times I click the menubar icon nothing obvious happens and I see nothing to verify/compare with. :/

BTW, I do not use "bartender".

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jim_Wechsler

I'm sorry that this new process has not gone as smoothly as we'd like it to! You should be able to find the code in 1Password mini, the small icon on your menu bar, by the clock. If you can't find it there please let us know so we can investigate further :chuffed:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chembro303

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem verifying your browser. Do you use any other app related to the menu bar or antimalware software? Can you please try restarting your computer and see if that's of any help? If you still can't use the extension after this, can you please let us know the exact version of your OS, 1Password, browsers and 1Password extension? I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this! :chuffed:

• chembro303
    chembro303
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pilar, I restarted again just now to be sure but that doesn't fix the issue.

I do use one menu bar tool called iStatMenus, but as far as I know that only adds elements to the menu bar – it doesn't allow me to interact with third-party menu bar items via their tool. Things like 1Password, dropbox, google drive etc add menu bar items seemingly outside of whatever system iStatMenus uses, which only effects the default/core OS X menu items and their own additions & replacements for them.

Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1004)
    Safari 9.1.3 (11601.7.8) + Extension 4.6.1
    Chrome 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit) + Extension 4.6.1.90
    1Password 6.3.4 (634001)

When I try to load the https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html page in Safari or Chrome, it shows the 6 digit code in the browser but "behind" the browser window an error window pops up titled "Problem report for 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper". The basic error is:
    Exception Type: SIGABRT
    Exception Codes: #0 at 0x7fff95242f06
    Crashed Thread: 0

• Jim_Wechsler
    Jim_Wechsler
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Pilar. I found it by accident, yesterday, and everything is fine. 1Password mini was certainly the answer. It should have been in the instructions about the extension. Just pointing that out and hoping the logic will become general for informing 1P owners and subscribers in the future.

• connies
    connies
    Community Member
    Options

I also cannot find a code in my 1Password mini in the menu bar.

I am running-
    macOS Sierra 10.12
    Safari 10.0 and 1Password is the only extension
    1Password 6.3.4

I restarted my computer and it still doesn't show.

Connie

• thom_s
    thom_s
    Community Member
    Options

I had this trouble too, but when moving 1Password mini from Bartender to the menu, it worked on my first try in both Chrome, Firefox and Safari. There was corresponding display of numbers in both the browser window and in mini.

• rvanderv
    rvanderv
    Community Member
    Options

AgileBits should be FAR BETTER at delivering updates than 6.3.4. I just looked up "What's new with 6.3.4." A totally bland, inadequate sentence about verification improvements. Dave Teare and Company. This is nonsense. You MUST tell us what you're doing. This is undoubtedly the BIGGEST visible change in years. And, none of us has a clue. By the way, we're NOT users, we're CUSTOMERS!

• connies
    connies
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have bartender. Don't even know what it is.

• chembro303
    chembro303
    Community Member
    Options

@rvanderv I agree. You may have already done so, but updating to 1Password 6.3.5 fixed the issues for me.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the late response! As @chembro303 We have smoothed out some of the issues found in the 6.3.4 update and released it in 6.3.5. If anyone hasn't done it yet, can you please make sure to update 1Password and see if it solves the issue? If any of you are still having some issues, please let us know so we can investigate further :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.