Connection refused by 1Password 6

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: A bug(?) in the win beta and a sync error.

Comments

• bgraham
    bgraham
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I am having a similar experience where the extension is constantly blocked (Refused Connection Attempt). Was there a resolution for this?

• Hi @bgraham,

I've split this discussion from the other one because the issue brought up by the other user was something else that we're currently investigating.

Which anti-malware software are you using? It might be blocking the connection between the 1Password browser extension and 1Password 6.

Cheers,

Alex

• bgraham
    bgraham
    Community Member
    Options

Just windows defaults. This problem started presenting itself about a week ago. Says that chrome is an untrusted source.

• @bgraham please make sure you have your Chrome extension updated to the latest version. Recently all 1Password apps started to demand one time pairing with the browser, which requires latest extension as well. Hope that helps :)

• bgraham
    bgraham
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile even after uninstalling and reinstalling the issue persists. Log states

Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" from port 53828 and origin chrome-extension://phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha, because of untrusted certificate!

• Hi @bgraham,

Thanks for writing back with that log message. Well, 1Password is saying that your copy of Chrome is bad, the certificate is wrong.

First, can you tell me what version of Chrome you're using?

I'd suggest reinstalling Chrome if you're not using any other third party security programs beside Windows' built-in ones.

• bgraham
    bgraham
    Community Member
    Options

Version 54.0.2840.59 m Uninstall reinstall didn't resolve it.

• Hi @bgraham,

Could you email us your complete 1Password log file, so we can see what's going on.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• Oceanspeed
    Oceanspeed
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

Im also having the same issue. Checked that everything is updated as it needs to be.

Failed to open process #3192 that initiated web socket connection on port 56409 and origin chrome-extension://phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

Have just sent an email with the log file attached.
    Cheers!

• Hey @Oceanspeed,

Thanks for sending in the data.
    We're going to reply via email :)

Cheers!

ref: AME-69271-377

• Gudwin
    Gudwin
    Community Member
    Options

Guys, I'm slowly running out of browsers.
    For Opera and Firefox 1password plugin worked only once, directly after the installation .
    1Password and plugins updated, still the same annoying message I can't do anything with.

http://i.imgur.com/vsdvJxA.png

The e-mail with the logs also sent.

• @Gudwin the unidentified publisher means that 1Password could not access processes by specified ID to verify that these are actually known browsers. Most likely you have anti-virus/anti-malware solution that is trying to put itself between browser and 1Password (or if you like scary stories - there is a rogue program trying to tap into connection and steal secrets).

Can you please open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and find the process by ID there, what is this process - browser or something else? I'm curious why Chrome still can connect, while Opera/Firefox are suspicious to 1Password.

• Gudwin
    Gudwin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Sergey,

It's the browser itself:
    http://i.imgur.com/v9d0Ziy.png

I do have corporate Trend Micro Security Agent, but it's not a problem for Chrome and I never had problems with the antivirus.

Thanks.

• For some reason 1Password can't ask system about Firefox process file name. Are 1Password and Firefox running from under the same user account?

• Gudwin
    Gudwin
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I wouldn't come up with such a tricky setup to mess with you!

• but it is the most interesting setup we've came across for a while! :) My next step would be to focus on Trend Micro Security Agent, I don't have evidence it is the source of confusion, but there is a potential. I'll bring one of my colleagues who excels with AV-troubleshooting.

• @Gudwin Thanks for sending the email. I'm going to take a very close look at it and get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: CMQ-34532-387

• cclakeman
    cclakeman
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, am having the ongoing issue of being unable to get the browser extension to work in either Chrome or Firefox. I am emailing my log files as instructed previously in this thread. Please help, as using 1PW on Windows was the main impetus for changing from my standalone, Dropbox sync (purchased through Mac App Store) over to 1PW for Family.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@cclakeman: Thank you for sharing the logs! We will get back to you shortly via email. :)

ref: FVG-92866-317

• wheelieking
    wheelieking
    Community Member
    Options

Howdy. I'm having the same issue as well. Corp IT recently updated my machine from Win 7 to Win 10. They also appear to have either kept Chrome, or re-installed it. I'll try uninstalling/re-installing, but I can also submit logs from the event viewer if needed.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wheelieking,

Try reinstalling Chrome first, we have no known issues with Chrome for the past few months.

• wheelieking
    wheelieking
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Un-installed and reinstalled Chrome. Now, when clicking on the Chrome extension button, rather than getting the 1password quick menu, the full desktop app pops up. If I minimize it, I can see the Chrome tab behind it shows the "Looking for 1password helper" error message. :(

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wheelieking,

By any chance, is your company using Sophos? If not, please send us your diagnostics report. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• wheelieking
    wheelieking
    Community Member
    Options

We do use Sophos. Let me know what other info you need about it. I just sent the email with the diagnostics file attached. Thanks!!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wheelieking: If you are using Sophos, please follow the steps in this guide on our website and let us know if it helps. :)

We will be looking forward yo your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wheelieking
    wheelieking
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg! I don't have access to that end of the Sophos config, so I've escalated to CorpIT. I'll let you know when I hear back.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wheelieking,

On behalf of Greg, you're welcome. I don't see any emails from you, can you tell me if you got an auto-reply from us? If yes, there should be a support ID in the email's subject, can you tell me that ID, so I can find your email.

• wheelieking
    wheelieking
    Community Member
    Options

Darn! I swore I saw the auto-reply but now I can't find it. I just resent the email again with diagnostics file again. Here is the support ticket number [#TZZ-62746-237]

• MikeT
    Options

I got the email and will reply there.

ref: TZZ-62746-237

This discussion has been closed.