I cant set up touchid on my ipad in os10 i followed instructions...

blimeylongwinded
blimeylongwinded
Community Member

Help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Ipad
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can you help me please, one password on my ipad does not give me the option to set up touch id..

Comments

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

I use drop box to syn.. rather frustrated taken me 30 mins so far to get this far :(

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2016

Hi @blimeylongwinded

Thanks for taking the time to write in. For someone who's name is "blimeylongwinded" your post was very short on details. ;) Would you mind please elaborating? What instructions are you following, and where do you run into trouble? What step do you take, what do you expect to happen, and what happens instead?

Also do you have Touch ID turned on to unlock the iPad itself? That is a requirement of using Touch ID with 1Password.

Thanks.

Ben

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

yes I have touch ID turned on. When I start 1 password the oopening page asking for pw doesn't show the touch id option. Your instructions show that I can click on the right area and it wlil show up. I can't do this it doesn't work.

I remember trying to update it too ad ran into problems there as well. Its so confusing please help me.

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

Ipad version is 6.4.5
    mac version was updated in October and I've ran an update just now.

Is there a syncing issue?

will the update version on my ipad mean I can use touch ID?

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

how do I update it on my ipad as I cannot see where this is on the app.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2016

@blimeylongwinded

No, the Mac and syncing don't have any involvement with Touch ID on iOS. 6.4.5 is already the latest version, so there is no update available, but you can learn about updating here:

How to keep 1Password up to date

To get a better idea of what is going on under the hood I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iPad:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

thanks for this Ben,
    should I be downloading the ap to my ipad or mac?
    I can do it on my mac but not ipad

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

what should I open it on on my ipad

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

I'm finding this frustrating, can I not call you and you talk me through it please or please send very simplistic instructions as I don't know how to follow this. 1 step at a time pelase

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2016

@blimeylongwinded

I'm sorry but as a small company we do not have a call center. We're working with the iPad here, not the Mac.

There are only three steps.

Before you can send a diagnostics report, you’ll need to set up an email account on your iOS device, if you do not have one set up already. If you already get email in the Mail app then you're ready to proceed. Then follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPad, then tap Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics.
    2. Tap Send Diagnostics.
    3. Write a description of the problem, then send the message. Please include this text in your description: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/70838/

Thanks!

Ben

• blimeylongwinded
    blimeylongwinded
    Community Member

thank you Ben,

I've sent it... fingers crossed..

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2016

Thanks, @blimeylongwinded. I don't see your email in our inbox yet though. Did you get a message back from us with a support ID? If so could you please post that support ID here?

Edit: Disregard. Got it. It came from a different email address than the one you have registered here on the forums so it took some searching to find it. :)

Ben

ref: UZB-62181-617

This discussion has been closed.