Got a license but..

I have a license with Pro features. Have it installed on my PC, iPhone and iPad. Would like to install it on my wife's iPhone. Exactly how do I do this? Do I need to create a family account or can I just open another account on my wife's phone and sync it to my data? Its a great product you have but a bit confusing to set up just for 2 people. Appreciate your advice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @bardon2121

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

The best way to use 1Password when sharing between a couple is with 1Password Families:

Families - 1Password

With this option there is no more need to worry about licensing -- the latest versions of all of our apps are included with your subscription for both you and your wife (and 3 additional family members if desired). Once set up having access to your data on a new/different device is as simple as signing into your account. No more messing around with iCloud or Dropbox sync. Also all of your data is automatically backed up. The loss, theft, or damage of a device no longer puts your 1Password data in jeopardy. Additionally if both you and your wife are set up as 'organizers' on the account you can assist each other with Master Password recovery should either of you ever forget your Master Password.

You can learn about migrating from your current setup to a 1Password Families account here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

(I'd recommend doing this from a computer, not a mobile device)

There is a 30 day free trial available so you are welcome to give it a try and see if it would be a good fit for your family.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.