[Suggestion] Add a "No Tags" or "Untagged" Tag

Options
Martok
Martok
Community Member

I like to assign tags to the items I have saved in 1Password, it helps me keep them organised.

Sometimes I forget to add tags when I save a new item and so I later need to go back and assign appropriate tags. If I can't remember what it was that I need to add tags to, I need to search for it in one of the various ways to find it. Also when I was beginning to use tags (I had created many entries before I decided to organise with tags) I had to flick through the many items one at a time to see which ones weren't tagged.

What would be useful is a "No Tags" or "Untagged" tag that could be clicked on in the 1Password sidebar that listed all of the items that didn't have a tag assigned to them.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@Martok You can do this with Smart Folders. Set it up like this:

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member
    Options

@vplewis I have a 1Password Families subscription. Smart folders are either not a feature of the Families subscription or not in the new 1Password 6 (or in neither).

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@Martok Sorry about that. 1Password 6 has the smart folders, so they're just not in the subscription plan. Too bad, guess your request is the only way to go.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Martok,

Thank you for writing us with your request! As vplewis mentioned, a Smart Folder can be set up to find items with no tags, but unfortunately Smart Folders are not currently supported with 1Password.com accounts.

However, the good news is that you can still use the same search options that were used in Smart Folders (you just won't be able to save those searches). To do that, open the main 1Password app and go to Edit > Find > Show Search Options (or use the ^⌥⌘F (control+option+command+F) keyboard shortcut). You can find items with no Tags by setting the following search options (very similar to vplewis' screenshot):

• Search: All Items
    • Number of tags is 0

I hope that helps, but if you need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member
    Options

Thank for the tip, which will be useful for the time being. :)

I'd still like to put forward the suggestion of a "No Tags" or "Untagged" tag. It would be a lot simpler to use (1 click compared to all the steps needed currently to search for no tags that would need repeating every time).

I hope you will consider implementing this.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Martok! I also think that would be helpful. I can't make any promises about if/when we might add that, but I can certainly let our developers know you'd be interested in it. I'm sure others would like that as well!

Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.