Sharing logins between a few vaults? Moving logins between vaults?

unpakt
unpakt
Community Member

Hey,

I'm switching my company over from commonkey to you guys.
While you do seem very secure and filled with features, using the product hasn't been easy...

But i'll start with the current problem i'm having and not all of them.

How can I share 1 login between 2 vaults?
and if that's not possible, now I need to totally refactor all the vaults structures. So how do I move logins between vaults?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, ug:mac/, kb:undefined, kb-search:54564

Comments

• Hi @unpakt! I appreciate you taking the time to post about this. We want to make 1Password easier to use, so your feedback means a lot. :) Let's get the issues sorted first.

How can I share 1 login between 2 vaults?

At the moment, this isn't possible. To share an item with a teammate, we recommend putting that item in a vault that's shared with the teammate. We're hoping to add individual item sharing in the future, so if you're looking to share just one item with someone, that will be possible soon.

How to create family and team vaults and share items

So how do I move logins between vaults?

In the apps, you can move items by selecting them (hold Command or Control on your keyboard to select multiple items and press Command or Control and A to select everything), then choosing Item -> Share and the vault you'd like to move the item(s) to on Mac. On Windows, click Copy and choose the vault you'd like to move the item(s) to.

I would love to chat about your experience getting your team started with 1Password. Let me know what you liked and didn't like about things, and what you're still missing.

• unpakt
    unpakt
    Community Member

Hey Jacob, thanks for the reply.

I would actually love to talk to you.

Can you email me and we'll schedule a call?

Thanks

• @unpakt I'd love to talk too! At the moment we're best set up for email, so let's take things there for now. I see you've been in touch and are currently speaking with Chris, one of our developers. Did you get things sorted out there? If not, we can start a new thread about your feedback. Feel free to send another message to support@1password.com and mention me. :)

This discussion has been closed.