1password on firefox no longer working after update.

Options
cindydebruyn
cindydebruyn
Community Member

After the last 2 1password updates I can no longer use 1password in Firefox. I've removed the extension now & tried to re-install. It downloads, installs & when it tries to authorize with 1password nothing happens.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cindydebruyn

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and Firefox. Could you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps? If it doesn't, could you please tell us a few more details of what you're seeing? Is the authentication code appearing on either Firefox, the menu bar icon of 1Password or none of them? Is everything working correctly in other browsers, like safari?

I hope to hear back from you soon so 1Password is up on its feet for you again :chuffed:

• kyoshi33
    kyoshi33
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think that this is a single incident. The same happened for me as well on my iMac (macOS 10.12) as my MacBookPro (Mac OS 10.11) with Firefox 42.0.

Both machines were repeatedly rebooted, one even ran system updates in the meantime (means it's definitely doing a clean boot).

• cindydebruyn
    cindydebruyn
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried restarting, it made no difference.

1. It's working perfectly in chrome, but I use Firefox for web dev so it's seriously frustrating.
    2. This screen shows up: https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html, I click Install, Allow, Install & all of that finishes. I can go add the icon with customize toolbar, but it doesn't work. I just opens the auth.html screen again & then the whole process happens again.
    3. During this I am logged into the desktop 1password app.
    4. There is no authentication code showing anywhere.
  • Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kyoshi33 and @cindydebruyn

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with 1Password. Have you tried updating to 1Password 6.3.5? We addressed some issues with the authentication window there, so that would be the best first step. Are you guys using apps like Bartender, or anything else that influences what appears on the menu bar? Are you using anti-malware software or extensions on firefox?

Please let us know if the new version of 1Password is of any help for you or if we need to dig any further :chuffed:

• cindydebruyn
    cindydebruyn
    Community Member
    Options

As mentioned before I am using 6.3.5. I'm not using anything that influence the menu bar. I'm also not using any extensions on firefox beyond a few web dev things, but certainly nothing that should be blocking it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cindydebruyn,

In your original message, you said the extension "tries to authorize with 1password" after you install it. At first, we thought you were referring to the new browser extension authorization feature that shows you a 6-digit code, but now it sounds like that's not the case. If I understand, when you click on the 1Password extension icon in Firefox's toolbar, it opens https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html in a new tab/window and shows you this:

It sounds like you already have the 1Password extension installed when you see that message, but even if you try reinstalling the extension, you end up seeing that same page. Is that correct?

If so, what version of Firefox are you currently using? (Please check the exact version by going to Firefox > About Firefox in the menubar.) We've heard of this problem happening in an older version of Firefox, but it should work if you're using the latest stable release.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cindydebruyn,

I forgot to mention in my last reply that if you're using the latest version of Firefox, please try this:

• Quit Firefox.
    • Open the main 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.
    • Unlock 1Password.
    • Open Firefox - if you don't see the authorization prompt right away, click on the 1Password browser extension.

Is there any difference this time?

• cindydebruyn
    cindydebruyn
    Community Member
    Options

No difference, it still defaults to this screen - https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html. I'm using Firefox 49.0.2, I've reinstalled Firefox as well.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cindydebruyn

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with this! I think that now the best we can do is take a look into the inside of 1Password so we can try to see what's going on there :chuffed: For that I'd like to ask you to please send us a Diagnostics Report .

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• cindydebruyn
    cindydebruyn
    Community Member
    Options

MXK-42598-138

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cindydebruyn

Thank you very much for sending the Diagnostics Report, we have received and someone will take a look and be in touch with you over email. We'll continue the conversation over there, have a great day :chuffed:

ref: MXK-42598-138

This discussion has been closed.