Browser Extension Nonfunctional After 6.5.3 Update

Options
joebobatl
joebobatl
Community Member

Hello, Agilebits.

Had a problem last week that was fixed, but 6.5.3 seems to have created a new problem today.

Last week's issue - Safari 1P extension visible but no action on click.
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/332801#Comment_332801

Today's Issue: Now extension for both Safari and Chrome are non-functional but visible.

Would love some help here - constantly using 1Pmini and copying/pasting to browsers is getting old fast.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Safari 4.6.1, Chrome 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joebobatl

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble with 1Password and the extensions in the new update of 1Password. Could you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps? If you're still having trouble, could you please give us some more details of what's going on? What exactly do you mean by "non-functional"? Do you click on it and nothing happen? Can you see your items but can't click on them? Do you see a grey box instead? Is it anything else? Could you also please check if 1Password mini on the menu bar (by the clock) works normally?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this and get 1Password back on it's feet for you :chuffed:

• joebobatl
    joebobatl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar.

Restarting fixed the issue on Safari. However, Chrome is still not working. The issue, per your questions above, is that the 1P icon in the Chrome browser window (near the URL entry area but not 1P Mini in the screeen menubar near the clock) does nothing when clicked.

• joebobatl
    joebobatl
    Community Member
    Options

And now Chrome is working. After quiting and restarting, the 'match codes' dialogues appeared and all has been good since then. I think there are some issues with the code-authentication code driving some inconsistent behavior. But you guys probably already know that! Thanks for the help though.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joebobatl

I'm very sorry for all the trouble you had getting this sorted out. We're working hard on our end to smooth out the issues with the authentication feature, and I want to thank you for your patience with this process. I hope that everything goes well for you from now on, but if you see any other whacky behavior or need any further help, please let us know :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.