Credit Card and Identity item filling not available yet in stable update, it is in the latest beta

Options
davidkingham
davidkingham
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The new form filling feature is not working for me, I bring up the mini 1p in chrome or firefox, search for my identify or CC, and nothing happens...

1Password Version: 6.1.272
Extension Version: 4.6.2.1
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davidkingham: I'm sorry for the confusion! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't yet support Identity and Credit Card filling, only Logins. Okay, I guess technically it does, but only in the beta. We're testing it now, so hopefully it will be available to you and everyone else soon. :)

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea how soon? I am evaluating 1password 6 to use for my business and it is a big minus that some of the advertised features of 1password are missing. (Also being able to automatically have passwords updated).

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty

Presumably, 1Password 4 for Windows is still available for sale? @lisaperlie might want to try that for the Standalone version while 1Password 6 for Windows matures.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lisaperlie: Indeed, 1Password 4 is a mature, full-featured app, and it has a 30 day free trial as well, to see if it's a good fit for your before purchasing a license.

I don't remember the last time we did any advertising for any version of 1Password, but we definitely don't claim that 1Password 6 has any features which it doesn't yet. However, while I don't have a release date for you, provided there aren't any showstoppers with the beta, I expect it won't be long at all.

• Hi guys,

The basic support for Credit Card and Identity filling is already available in the current beta build and will be available in the next stable update.

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member
    Options

I need the version that works with Teams (for my small business). I thought 1Password4 did not support the Team / shared vaults functionality - and 1Password6 does. Is that a correct understanding?
    I am willing to try the Beta version. Would it cost the same as the released version?

• Hi @lisaperlie,

That is the correct understanding, only 1Password 6 for Windows can be used with 1Password.com Teams.

I am willing to try the Beta version. Would it cost the same as the released version?

There are no costs to using the beta builds, we benefit greatly from the beta team's time and efforts in helping us test the beta builds.

In addition, 1Password.com subscriptions will not have any costs for the apps, it's already included in the subscription fees.

If you'd like to get beta updates now, apply to join our beta team here.

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT, I just want to clarify your answer above.
    So right now I am in the 30 day trial period for 1Password 6.
    After that 30 day trial, my understanding is that I would pay $3.99/user/mo for the program.
    Is this what you mean by subscription fee? (not sure what you meant by "no costs to using the beta builds").
    I guess my question had been would there be any discount to that $3.99/user/mo fee for using a Beta version vs a stable released version?
    Lisa P.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lisaperlie: No. We don't want to incentivize using the prerelease version. That would encourage people to do so who wouldn't otherwise want to participate in the beta. If you add your payment information before October 31st, you can get the Pro 1Password Teams subscription plan for the same price as the Standard. If you choose to pay monthly, that will be slightly more expensive than paying annually. But either way you won't be charged until your trial is finished. I hope this helps! :)

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member
    Options

Regarding the "Earl's Early Deal" - so if I sign up before the 31st, do I get the 3.99/user/mo rate for the Pro version as long as I continue to subscribe? or is the standard rate only good for some limited time, e.g. the first year? If I add users after the 31st, what rate will I pay for new users? I sent a question via the "contact a human" button but haven't heard back.

• Hi @lisaperlie,

The plan is set on the account, not per user. So, you'd get this reduced rate as long as you continue to stay active on this account, meaning you pay at the reduced rate for new users forever as long as you continue to renew (at reduced price).

We mentioned this on the bottom of our pricing details here: https://1password.com/teams/pricing/

If you subscribe before October 31st, the special pricing (Pro plan at the Standard price) will remain active on your account for as long as you stay subscribed. You will continue to be able to invite new team members at the rate of the Standard plan.

ref: YJM-25781-177

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member
    Options

Okay this was back in October and now we are in February and this still doesn't work? I just downloaded the latest stable build from the Beta I had installed and you would think 5 months later you should have this fixed right?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dynatnt1: Can you be more specific? I'm able to search for and fill Identity and Credit Card items in the 1Password mini browser interface across a number of different setups, so if it really isn't working for you there may be something a bit different about yours. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong in your case and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving any sort of feedback when you try to fill? Also, if it's a specific page you're having trouble with, let me know the URL. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry Brenty,
    I am using Windows 10 with the latest 1Password 6 on the latest version of Chrome.
    I see what you are saying, but didn't realize I had to search for the CC now. It used to just pop up with 4.
    Why did this change?
    Any way to change this behavior?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dynatnt1:

If you are talking about Credit Cards category in 1Password Mini, the answer to your question is that it is not implemented in 1Password 6 yet (the screenshot below is 1Password 4):

We are planning to improve 1Password Mini in future updates and can't wait to show them to you. :)

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them in a reply. We are here to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member
    Options

Greg,
    That is exactly what I was looking for.
    How soon do you think this will be implemented?
    1 month? 6 months?

Thanks,
    Toby

• Hi @Dynatnt1,

Soon is all we can say, we don't share any timeframes as per policy but I can say that it is very high on our list.

This discussion has been closed.