credit card info not showing in 1Password

HeatherY
HeatherY
Community Member

On my iPhone, using Chrome and Safari, on too many websites to mention - I open 1Password to enter my credit card information, but it's not there! SOME of my logins are there - but not all - and SOMETIMES the credit card info shows, but rarely. I sync the app pretty regularly, but the credit card info was in my original Mac set-up... Yet it rarely shows when I'm filling in a form online on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ios

Comments

• HeatherY
    HeatherY
    Community Member

Sorry - I should add that all of my software is up-to-date.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HeatherY: You're probably not doing anything wrong at all. While we offer a 1Password extension for iOS, it isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste.

The other part of this is that Credit Card and Identity support is something an app developer needs to opt-into when adding support for the 1Password extension. So, for example, you'll get Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities offered in Safari, but Chrome only offers Logins.

However, we have a website devoted to the 1Password extension for developers, so be sure to let them know you'd like them to add support for it and point them in our direction. We're always happy to help them, whether it's to join the ranks of apps that support the 1Password iOS extension, or to support specific features of the extension.

But in the mean time, you can always access all of your 1Password data in the built-in 1Browser, and in Safari. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• HeatherY
    HeatherY
    Community Member

Thanks - sothat means with Chrime I will never be given the option to use my 1Password credit card info?
    What is "the built-in 1Browser"? How do I use it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks - sothat means with Chrime I will never be given the option to use my 1Password credit card info?

@HeatherY: I wouldn't say "never", but that's up to the Chrome team if they want to allow it. It's their app, after all. ;)

What is "the built-in 1Browser"? How do I use it?

If you open the main 1Password app on your iOS device, you can open 1Browser using the "globe" icon at the bottom right...but it's much more useful, I think, to go to a login item and tap the URL, so that 1Password will load the webpage for you. And then you can fill your login credentials using the "key" icon in the toolbar. Cheers! :)

• HeatherY
    HeatherY
    Community Member

Thank you!

• On behalf of brenty you are very welcome! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.