Sign in to 1password Account isn't working

jayda
jayda
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi there,
*** i'm working from my work pc and we use the forcepoint triton AP-endpoint, the websense proxy with configuration by pac file and only https connections are allowed using a certificate ***
i've started to work with 1password 6 on Windows and in the beginning i already had some trouble to log in to my account via windows app. The message was "unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection" again and again. Then, after trying and trying and making chrome my standard bwoser, because within firefoy i can't install the 1password extension, it worked. Until October 19th. Then the windows app stopped syncing. After trying to solve the problem by reading the forum and using answers given, like changing proxy settings within the config proxy-issues-again i didn't manage to solve it.

Are there any suggestions what i could do? I would really appriciate!

1Password Version: 6.1.272
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Sync Type: 1password cloud

Comments

• Hi @jayda,

Thanks for writing and I'm sorry to say that we don't have a usable workaround for you at the moment.

As mentioned in that link you posted, there is no workaround for PAC files. We're working on making 1Password 6 capable of processing the PAC files but we don't have a timeframe on this. You could try the cntlm trick that Bennett mentioned if you haven't tried it.

• jayda
    jayda
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

thanks for your reply, but can you tell me, why it worked already and suddenly stopped working?

• Hi @jayda,

We've changed to a different network library after the 186d update that handled various proxy setups much better than before. In fact, we've seen almost 90% drop in proxy issues. Unfortunately, this specific library has its own limitations and in this case, PAC files.

The strange thing is that the PAC file is supposed to be handled by Windows properly for us but it is not. We will get this fixed soon.

This discussion has been closed.