How to always show Identities in 1Password Mini?

Options
AMCarter3
AMCarter3
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Is there a way to always show Identities in 1Password Mini? I frequently access my identity info via 1P Mini. However, the Identities categories is hidden Mini list under "Show 8 more categories". It is irritating and a time waste to always have to open that catchall item to get to the 8-9 other categories like Identities. I would prefer to see ALL of my categories every time I open the Mini or Main 1P list of categories.

What's also odd about this issue is that the list of categories in the 1P Mini dropdown menu is different on my older MacBook vs. my newer MacBook Air. Both are running OS 10.12 (Sierra) and ver 6.3.5 of 1P.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMCarter3,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! 1Password doesn't currently have an option to show all categories in 1Password mini instead of hiding some behind the "Show X more categories" option, but I will forward your request to our developers. We've heard from other customers about this too, so hopefully we'll be able to do something about it in a future version (although I can't make any promises about if/when that will happen).

In the meantime, if you're using a local/standalone vault (in other words, a vault that can sync with Dropbox, instead of a vault that is part of a 1Password.com account), you can change the order of the categories in the 1Password app. You won't be able to change the order of the categories in the All Vaults view, but you can do so for the individual vault. If you move Identities up to one of the top 5 categories, you should see it in 1Password mini without having to click the option to see more.

To change the order of the categories in a local/standalone vault, open the main 1Password app, switch to the individual vault (if necessary), and drag categories up or down in the left sidebar. The new category order should also be reflected in the 1Password browser extension / 1Password mini.

If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-3764

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent advice, Drew! You guys are the best! Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're quite welcome, I'm glad that was helpful! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

• heyfletch
    heyfletch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just registering my vote for @AMCarter3's suggestion since I have the same issue, and I prefer to default to All Vaults, so @Drew_AG's suggestion doesn't fit my needs. There's not much benefit to hiding categories, especially if you cannot pick which ones to hide (maybe infrequent ones), so let's see them all!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know! I'd also like to be able to see all the categories in mini, so hopefully we'll be able to do something about that in a future version. :)

This discussion has been closed.