Conceal password toggle setting for 1Password mini, please?

Hello, there are times where I've been doing a lot of editing of passwords in the 1Password application and I've chosen to reveal passwords.

But afterwards I might forget to hide them again.
Then later I go to use 1Password mini to get something and I see that the passwords are showing, and I don't want that. But in the 1Password mini applet and browser extension there isn't a toggle setting available to set them back to be hidden again. I have to go back to the main application to hide them again.

I'm thinking that if the conceal/reveal setting in the 1Password application is also going to affect the view of 1Password mini, then it stands to reason that I should be able to go the other way too. Especially for something as important as your passwords.

Please give us the option to be able to conceal and reveal from the 1Password mini menu, even better, give us another setting in the 1Password application to disable the revealing of passwords in 1Password mini; so that if it is on to reveal in 1Password application, but this other overriding setting is enabled, that you won't see the revealed passwords in 1Password mini. Even better would be to have another setting that gives you a timer to set how long the passwords will be revealed before being concealed once again.

Thanks, SkipR.

1Password Version: 650024
Extension Version: 4.6.2.b2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox/1Password

Comments

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

Team Member

Hi @skippingrock ,

Thanks for taking the time to write in; and for providing your use case with your feature request. We'll keep that in mind when planning new features.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Hi @ag_kevin has there been any further consideration for this?
    I really would like to have the ability to disable this reveal, especially if I have someone hovering over my shoulder when I'm trying to show them something here for my work which requires a login.

Another idea is to set it, or have a setting, to have the password reveal be a session based setting.

As soon as the vault locks, the reveal setting is forgotten and goes back to its more secure mode.
    If someone wants it on again, they can easily reselect the option again from the menu in 1Password or the 1Password mini menu (once the ability is added).

• Drew_AGDrew_AG 1Password Alumni

Hi @skippingrock,

I'm afraid I don't have any news about that - as usual, we can't make promises one way or the other about if/when we'll be adding certain features to 1Password. We receive many different feature requests from our customers every day, and unfortunately we can't add them all. That doesn't necessarily mean we'll never add something to help with this specific situation, but I don't want to give you any false expectations about that.

However, I do have a suggestion that might be helpful: You can keep the 'Conceal Passwords' setting enabled, and simply hold down the option key on your keyboard to temporarily reveal the passwords - they'll be hidden again as soon as you let go of the option key. This works in both the main app as well as mini.

Alternately, you can hover your mouse over the password field, click the arrow next to 'copy', and choose 'reveal'. That password will only be revealed until you navigate away from that item. This works in both the main app and mini, although it doesn't work while in edit mode.

I hope that helps, and thanks again for sharing your suggestions with us! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.