Why does 1 Password crashes at start-up with OSX.12, using vs 6.3.5, on Firefox vs 49.0.2.

Options
nicholsr
nicholsr
Community Member

Each time I start my computer the 1 Password indicates it is not responding. I send the notice to APPLE. Then restart and it works. Not that so far updating is not like it use to be back in the 1980's or 90's. Do you have any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OSX.12
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password crashes at start-up with OSX.12 using vs 6.3.5 on Firefox vs 49.0.2

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nicholsr

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Could you please try moving 1Password to the trash from the applications folder, then empty the trash and restart your computer? You can then download 1Password again and install it.

Please let us know if doing this helps and if 1Password is back on its feet or if we need to do some further digging :chuffed:

• nicholsr
    nicholsr
    Community Member
    Options

So far the OSX has created some issues with a few more applications than just 1Password. I believe that I shall chill and wait for version OSX.12.2 which, as we all are aware, should be ready for download pre-christmas!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nicholsr

If you're having some trouble with other apps besides 1Password it does sound like the problem might have a bigger scope that 1Password :scream: Are you using Betas for either macOS or the apps you're having trouble with? I wonder if that might be related. I hope you find a solution to all this soon, and if you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be glad to help you :chuffed:

• nicholsr
    nicholsr
    Community Member
    Options

Slowly we have solved some of the issues. I have two left to figure out. As for 1Password I cut and pasted the terminal text and I have not had an issue since.
    Thanks and this is one of my SOLVED projects

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nicholsr

That's great news! Thank you for sharing it with us :chuffed: I wish you good luck with the issues you're having with the other apps, and hope that everything goes well with 1Password for you from now. If you bump into any other problems or have any questions, you know where to find us!

This discussion has been closed.