1Password Mini no longer recognises what site I'm on

paulminors
paulminors
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently I've found that when I go to login, 1Password Mini doesn't recognise what site I'm on and it means I can't quickly access passwords. e.g. If I go to MailChimp, Mini would recognise the site and when I open Mini it would suggest the MailChimp credentials. Now I have to search instead. Not sure what's going on. I've tried this on a few sites and seem to be consistently having the issue.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:1password mini not recognising website

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@paulminors that has occasionally happened to me when the browser extension (for Firefox in my case) has updated in the background. In my case I've been able to resolve it simply by quitting and relaunching the browser. I just wonder if that might help in your case.

Stephen

• paulminors
    paulminors
    Community Member

Hey Stephen, thanks for the response. I tried that, but unfortunately, in my case, it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paulminors,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

In order for 1Password mini to recognize the site you're currently viewing and suggest a matching Login item, the 1Password extension needs to be installed in the browser, and it must be able to communicate with 1Password mini. You said you have version 4.6.1 of the extension installed, so that might mean something is blocking the extension and mini from communicating.

You said that when you go to a website and open 1Password mini, you need to search for the Login item for that site. Once you do, and you select that Login, does 1Password fill the sign-in form correctly? Or is that also a problem?

Also, can you please let us know what browser you're using, as well as which version of that browser? Thanks! :)

• paulminors
    paulminors
    Community Member

Thanks for the response @Drew_AG! I've been able to fix this now. I got a notification saying I need to reauthenticate the extension which seems to have done the trick.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well after updating and authorizing. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.