High DPI Awareness in Win 10 Anniversary Update

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

First let me say that I use 1Password on a few different 4K systems with various monitors and scaling factors. Thus far I haven't see any issues with 1Password 6. But I don't have complex systems such as mixed DPI monitors, undocking/docking, etc.

MS just published a great blog article on High DPI enhancements in Win10 anniversary update. Maybe there are some tips in there for 1Password enhancements.

https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/10/24/high-dpi-scaling-improvements-for-desktop-applications-and-mixed-mode-dpi-scaling-in-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that tip @TravelSD! We try to make 1Password as compatible and flexible as possible, but we must consider Windows 7/8.1 devices when we make improvements. But this looks like something that can greatly benefit Windows 10 users and I'll I make a note of this to ensure we look at it more closely in the future.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

Cool! Frankly, I woudln't spend any dev effort on High DPI for Win7/8.1 beyond what you have today. Even the anniversary update isn't complete for everything in the high DPI world. I am thankful for the high DPI support you have today though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That makes sense. But I think Mohamed means that we need to be careful when making changes in general since we don't want to break compatibility with Windows 7 or 8.1. While 8.1 has a small install base and Windows 10 is in good shape, Windows 7 is still huge. Thanks so much for your feedback on this! :)

This discussion has been closed.