I have two apps in my Applications folder

Options
jonathanpberger
jonathanpberger
Community Member

Hi,

I have two apps in the folder. What's going on?

two apps

Thanks,
JPB

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two versions

Comments

• jonathanpberger
    jonathanpberger
    Community Member
    Options

Agh! Tried to attach an image. Here: http://imgur.com/a/fSIc8

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Somehow you have both the App Store version (1Password) and the version direct from AgileBits (1Password 6). This can cause trouble.

Where did you buy 1PW from? And have you updated recently? In that case you might have updated from the wrong place.

You should definitely only keep one version, but we need to know a bit more before saying which to keep.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonathanpberger,

Danco's answer is spot-on - it looks like you have both the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store versions of 1Password installed. (Thank you for the screenshot!) That will certainly cause some confusion, but the solution is basically just to delete one and keep the other. However, before you delete either app, please open each one to check which has your latest data. Does either one show data that the other one is missing?

• jonathanpberger
    jonathanpberger
    Community Member
    Options

I bought 1password as part of a bundle a looooong time ago. Recently, my wife bought it and had me join on. What should I do?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonathanpberger

It looks like you're most likely using the version of 1Password from our store, but there's other confusing things about it too. It looks like you've also created an account a couple of months ago. You can read about the differences between licenses and accounts here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

Depending on whether you want to keep on using local vaults or your account the answer will be slightly different for you :chuffed:

Could you please open both versions of 1Password and check on which of them is the majority of your data or the most recent one? Please let us know what you find on each version of 1Password so we can sort out which one you can delete :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.