Firefox 49.0.2 won't let me log into 1password.com

jamesball
jamesball
Community Member

After a LOT of messing around I've finally managed to export my iCloud keychain, parse it into a format 1Password will accept and import it (only took two days...) The reason for doing this? Because I don't like using Safari on my Mac and Firefox on my windows PC. I want to use FF on everything.

So after finally moving all my passwords over to 1Password and booting up FF on the mac I head over to https://1password.com and click "sign in" only to be faced with an errors saying

"An error occurred during a connection to my.1password.com. Peer reports it experienced an internal error. Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem."

No matter what I try I can't get Firefox to let me log in. The only way to do it is via Safari, the very browser I was trying to ditch! What's going on?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox blocks 1password

Comments

• Hi @jamesball! Glad to hear you've imported your iCloud passwords into 1Password. :) I'm sorry for the trouble accessing your account in Firefox. It sounds like a secure connection isn't being made, which can happen if you're on a network that uses a VPN (company and office networks do this sometimes). I'd recommend checking that first, and if you're using a home network, what version of Firefox are you trying to access the website on? I just tested it with 49.0.2 and it loaded properly. Please try updating to that.

• jamesball
    jamesball
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm using the same version of FF as you (49.0.2) and I'm using it on my home network with is a standard ADSL+ conntection to my ISP, so no VPN in the way. Any other suggestions you can think of?

Regards

James.

• @jamesball Good to know. What about antivirus? This error indicates something is interfering with the secure connection, and antivirus is a common cause of that. I'd suggest disabling your antivirus temporarily and trying to sign in from Firefox once again.

This discussion has been closed.