iCloud Sync loading iCloud information doesn't work

mattles
mattles
Community Member

Trying to sync my primary vault with iCloud (it has worked previously until today) and it stays stuck on "Loading iCloud information" and Safari just keeps the spinning grey wheel, thus not loading the apple id login window. Im on OS Sierra and 1Password is up to date 6.3.5. ANy ideas on how to resolve this?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCLoud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattles

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having with 1Password. Could you please try restarting your computer and see if it helps? Please let us know if restarting made any difference or if you're still having some trouble :chuffed:

• mattles
    mattles
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar unfortunately a restart did not fix the issue. Still won't load the apple sign in web page.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattles,

When you say that page won't load and you see the spinning gray wheel, do you mean it never loads the sign-in form? Or do you see the sign-in form, but the problem happens after entering your Apple ID username/password?

Unfortunately we don't have control over the website that opens when you enable iCloud in 1Password, as that site is from Apple, and used for signing into your Apple ID / iCloud account. You mentioned that 1Password was able to sync with iCloud until a couple days ago, so I wonder if your Mac is having trouble connecting to certain iCloud services in general. As a test, try opening each of the following websites:

Do those sites load correctly in Safari? If so, are you able to sign in on both sites when you enter your Apple ID username & password? If those sites don't load, or if you cannot sign in, that's most likely the same problem which is causing iCloud not to work with 1Password.

If those sites both work correctly for you, please try following the troubleshooting steps here: If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Does that help at all? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• mattles
    mattles
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,
    It never loads the sign in form. Thus I cant even enter my Apple ID username/password!

I figured out it was a Safari issue. For some reason Firefox and Chrome could load those 2 websites (https://appleid.apple.com
    https://www.icloud.com) , but Safari wouldn't. After multiple restarts and Safari resets/cache empties and signing out of iCloud on my iMac - its all working!!! thanks for your patience and help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @mattles! I'm really glad to hear you were able to get that all working. Thanks for following up to let us know about that, it's very strange that Safari was having problems with iCloud / Apple ID sites.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need more help with 1Password, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.