[UX] If a new field is labelled "Password" make it a password field

_luke
_luke
Community Member

I often store multiple passwords into the same object. When I create a new field I typically start with labelling it. When I wanted to create an additional password field I noticed it would fasten my workflow if 1Password identified a field type by its label – in certain cases such as "Password", "pass", "secret" etc.
At the moment I have to use the mouse after typing to select the field type.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:[UX] If a new field is labelled "Password" make it a password field

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @_luke

Thank you for letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. What you're proposing here is a pretty interesting idea, however fairly heavy on AI! While I can't tell you if or when we'd be able to see something along this lines, nothings ever off the table, and we'll keep your idea in mind. We really appreciate your input and ideas about what you'd like to see in 1Password and hope that you stay around to see all the new things we do to improve it :chuffed:

• _luke
    _luke
    Community Member

Yeah you could definitely improve this feature but for now a simple regex for "pass" would suffice.
    One more general approach:
    Make the field type editable by using the tabulator on the keyboard instead of directly jumping to the next or a new blank field.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @_luke

Thank you very much for your feedback, we love hearing all our costumers ideas :chuffed: I'll pass it along to our developers and we'll see where this takes us!

This discussion has been closed.