license not recognized on mac?

Options
exsupershark
exsupershark
Community Member

Hi I just bought a license for my mac, prompted by my "personalized store" after a trial ran out. When i doubleclick the license file i get a friendly message in a dialog box: "Thank you for supporting 1Password!"etc. But when i open 1Password i'm told "Your 1password account is frozen". Help please. BTW I wonder if it's because I thought i was trialing a family subscription but my "personalized store" only gave me a license option?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That's roughly it. I don't know anything about personalised stores.

But 1PW has two options, one-time licence and subscription. "Accounts" only exist in the subscription version, so buying a licence would not unfreeze the account.

Good news is that there is a thirty-day refund period on the licence (if you bought it direct from AgileBits, not from the Mac App Store) so you can change over.

Depending on your needs you have options of a licence, an individual subscription, or a family subscription.

And a frozen account still allows you to see and use your passwords, you just can't add or change them.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @exsupershark,

If you could please drop us an email to sales@1password.com with your receipt attached we can help point you in the right direction. So that we have some context when we receive your message please also include this link ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/71164/ ) in your email.

Thanks!

Ben

• Tinman
    Tinman
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

I am sort of in the same boat. Paid for a single license, and account is still frozen.
    I have sent an email to sales as per your instructions above.

• Tinman
    Tinman
    Community Member
    Options

I am sort of in the same boat. Paid for a single license, and account is still frozen.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tinman,

I'm sorry for any confusion about licenses and accounts! We received each of your emails, and someone will be getting back to you as soon as possible to help get this all straightened out. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Thank you for your patience! :)

ref: XUB-19561-261

• Tinman
    Tinman
    Community Member
    Options

Still waiting for some help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tinman

I'm very sorry for the delay, we are looking into this. We'll get back to you via email very soon. Thank you very much for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.