Dropbox Syncing

I've been having a problem with 1Password on my Macs and trying to sync my agilekeychain between two computers.

First, I've tried this on MobileMe and have had this one particular problem so consistently that I thought I'd try Dropbox syncing. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem.

On my desktop, I've used the 1Password >> Preferences >> Data File >> Move to move my agilekeychain "Data File" to a 1Password folder on MobileMe/Dropbox syncdisk

Once the product has indicated that it has completed syncing, I start 1Password on my laptop. EVERY time I start 1Password (on my laptop), 1Password displays the "Welcome to 1Password To start we will need to set up your data file." dialog.

I click on the "Find Existing" button and I get a standard "choose the file" OS X dialog. So far, so good.

But the problem is, I can't actually find a "data file" which the knowledgebase indicates should be called "1Password.agilekeychain" on the syncdisk (MobileMe or Dropbox). To find that particular file name (on either computer), I have to look in the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password directory and thus my confusion arises.

Shouldn't that file have been moved to the syncdisk when I used the Data File move function?

Why can 1Password on my desktop computer consistently (and without fail) find the 1Password.agilekeychain file (despite my being unable to locate it on the syncdisk) but 1Password on the laptop computer cannot ever find the 1Password.agilekeychain file (despite a very old copy being located in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password)?

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I sure can't figure out what it is.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi michael

Try this

on mac 1 <> with the most current keychain, (most current data to avoid data loss)
    1. using finder open the keychain location <> ~/library/application support/1password
    2. Manually move the keychain by draging it dropbox or a subfolder inside dropbox what ever your personal choice is
    3. once the sync is finished
    4. on the same mac double click the keychain
    5. 1P will ask if you want to start using this keychain click yes
    6. this mac is done

on mac 2
    1. make sure the sync is finished
    2. open dropbox and double click the keychain,
    3. again you will get the prompt as above click yes
    4. this mac is done you are now sharing your keychains
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Michael, is it possible that you've setup your Dropbox folder location on your iDisk? Your wording hopefully just confused me... I'm doubting that Dropbox supports/expects its folder to be on a MobileMe iDisk and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work if you tried. 1Password won't let you select an iDisk location for its data file.
This discussion has been closed.