Minor bug: Junk displayed on first opening 1Password mini from the task bar

archifishal
archifishal
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

On opening 1Password mini, it prompts for my password and then displays some junk (I'm assuming the encrypted database) for a couple of seconds, then refreshes with the correct entry content. Very minor bug as it's purely visual but may be worth a look :)

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Yup, the user interface refresh after unlocking a vault is something we need to optimise, still.
    We're well on our way to getting this fixed.

Let us know if you have any other questions or more feedback.

Cheers,

Alex

• SandyJoe
    SandyJoe
    Community Member

Hey guys, just want to make sure you know that this bug (or something closely related) is still there.

I've been experimenting with a 1password trial account for about a week now, feeling things out to make sure I know exactly how everything works, and how I can optimally organize things, before I commit to moving all my treasure from PasswordMinder to 1password. I'm sure you can understand why I almost had a coronary when I saw this! Fortunately, it didn't take long to discover that it is just a display bug and not evidence of data corruption.

For the record here is my scenario (Windows 10, 1pw 6.2.333d). At the moment I don't have 1pw set to autostart on Windows boot. (I'll get there eventually. I just like to move cautiously when adding new software.) So I launched the 1pw app, then closed it before entering my master password. Noted that the Mini showed up on my TaskBar, opened it and entered my master password. Then freaked when I saw the result.

• Hi @SandyJoe,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The upcoming 1Password 6.3 update will no longer show the encrypted titles and instead, will just show loading and refresh on its own. This is already implemented in 1Password 6.3 beta 2 that we've shipped a few hours ago.

• Soiltasun
    Soiltasun
    Community Member

MikeT and all,

I'm running v6.3.359 on Win7 Pro but still have a handful of entries that are encrypted/garbled. I've waited with the software open but they never 'morph back' to what they're supposed to be. Is there any way to force them to un-encrpyt? Also, I've tried to copy them to a new vault, so I could attempt to quarantine, but these entries won't copy over. Any ideas?

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @Soiltasun,

Thanks for writing in. 6.3.359 is not the actual 1Password 6.3, that's the current 6.2 stable build with a small updater fix to support the upcoming 1Password 6.3 update, which is going to be 6.3.370. This is the build that will improve the refresh issue you're seeing.

You cannot do anything while the items are in the middle of being decrypted, do not try to force it. If you're using 1Password mini, just dismiss it and bring it up again, it'll show it normally.

• Soiltasun
    Soiltasun
    Community Member

Hi MikeT - thanks for the info; hanging tight.

I do have a quirk though, due to a knee-jerk reaction, in that I deleted one [or more - can't remember] of these garbled items. As soon as I did it, I of course had deleter's remorse as it hit me that they were what they were. When I looked in Trash, it/they didn't/don't show up as it had, and with a slew of other items I had deleted in the past, there was no way to differentiate the now wayward entry - as either not visible or now unencrpyted among the crowd.

I've sorted Trash by date to help isolate it/them with no joy, but my real question here lies with the 'Item #' shown under the garbled text. Does that number provide any logic as to what potentially came before and after it to help isolate the entry in question? My original import file to 1Password I still have so it may offer the corroboration if these Item #'s have any real meaning.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @Soiltasun,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, we'll see if we can figure out the item's UUID you can use to find it in the database. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.