Feature Request: show value of 'display' field while not editing

Options
MrJoshuaP
MrJoshuaP
Community Member

I'd like to be able to view the state of the display field ('Always', 'Never display in browser') without editing the entry. It would be nice if there was an eyeball icon the name under the name (next to the favorite star) that showed the state, at a minimum 'Never display in browser'. Perhaps an eyeball with a strikethrough?

While not an ideal solution to my exact problem, it might be nice to have something like a category based on the display field as well, or a way to search based on the display field.

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-25
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Feature Request: show value of 'display' field while not editing

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrJoshuaP,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your request! That sounds like a good idea, and it would be really helpful for me too. It would be convenient to see that without having to click 'Edit' first! Although I can't make any promises about if/when we'll add something like that, I can certainly forward your suggestion to our developers.

For now, in case it helps, you can create a Smart Folder to show you all the items that aren't shown in 1Password mini / browser extension. To do that:

• Open the main 1Password app and switch to a specific vault (if you have more than one).
    • Go to File > New Smart Folder.
    • At the top of the window, change Title to Shown in browser.
    • Change Is to Is not.
    • Click Save and give the new Smart Folder a name.

I know it's not as convenient as being able to just look at the item details (without clicking Edit) to see that setting, but I wanted to mention it in case you find it helpful.

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. Please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.