Export option greyed out.

Options
andrevanrooyen
andrevanrooyen
Community Member

Hi. I'm trying to create an export of my passwords, in PIF format, but the Export option in the File menu is greyed out.

The correct vault is selected, in fact, I only HAVE one vault... (I searched and read the forums first, and noted the previous solutions)
Because I started with 1Password a while back, when I moved to an account recently, I copied all my passwords from the original vault I was using, to the new account-created vault (Personal), left the originals in the trash for a while, and once I was happy that all was well, emptied the trash and deleted the original vault.

What say you, wise people?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andrevanrooyen

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with all this. Could you please check again that it does say "Personal" on the account, and not "All vaults" even if you only have one? I know it's a long shot, but I always think trying the easy things first is best :chuffed: If this is in the right place, could you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps kick things in place? Please let us know if either of these ideas help or if we need to dig a bit deeper into this issue :chuffed:

• andrevanrooyen
    andrevanrooyen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar...

OK, I submit to your majick.
    Left the Mac at work overnight, while letting the timezones work themselves out.
    Came to work this morning, read your mail, thought, I'll screenshot it, opened 1Password, hit the file menu, and boom!
    Export no longer greyed out. No reboot, didn't even deliberately quit 1Password.

sigh
    Export done and dusted. Thank you, and pardon for wasting your time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not a waste of time at all! That's what we're here for. Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to expert your data. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.