Upon restart version 6.5.3 authentication request posted 6 numbers on screen - legitimate?

BobVi
BobVi
Community Member

6 numbers appear on screen. Authentication asks if match in dialogue box. Never have seen before

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11,6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Safari Browser Extension Authentication

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BobVi,

Thanks for asking us about the new browser extension authorization feature! I'm glad you're thinking strongly about the security of your data - that's what we like to see! :)

Yes, that is legitimate and is a new feature we just added to 1Password in order to improve the security of the communication with the browser extension. You only need to authorize it one time in that browser (unless you uninstall/reinstall the 1Password extension). You can find some more information here: If you see "1Password requires authorization" in your browser

Sorry for any confusion about that! Hopefully this helps and you're able to successfully complete the extension authorization, but if you're having trouble with that or have more questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here for you! :)

• BobVi
    BobVi
    Community Member

Thanks Drew...that's a relief...I appreciate the added layer of security..this is no time to be lax about security or the possibility of hacking...it is happening. Thanks for the quick response. Regards, Bob

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BobVi

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I hope that everything went well for you in the authentication process, and rest assures that we'll always keep on working to make 1Password better and more secure! If you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can help you with, we're here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.