Command + \ Shortcut

Options

I watched help video on the Command + \ shortcut. It seems like with that shortcut enabled, anyone who sits at my computer (who knows about this feature) could use the shortcut to log into a site like my bank without needing to use the 1Password master password. Is that correct?

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:shortcuts

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lukevan,

Glad you asked about this, and welcome to the forum!

It seems like with that shortcut enabled, anyone who sits at my computer (who knows about this feature) could use the shortcut to log into a site like my bank without needing to use the 1Password master password. Is that correct?

Only if 1Password is already unlocked. When locked, using the Command-\ shortcut would first open the lock view in 1Password mini where entering the Master Password is required in order to continue.

You can adjust Auto-lock settings under Security Preferences so 1Password will automatically lock under those conditions.

And you can manually lock 1Password using the keyboard shortcut for Lock 1Password (Control‑Option‑Command‑L default).

I hope that helps. :)

• lukevan
    lukevan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That helps.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @lukevan,

Glad we could help :smile: If you have any other questions at all please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.